Retirement Online changes the way employers do business with NYSLRS. We are committed to providing you with the information you need so your transition to Retirement Online is easy and convenient.
Printable Guides & Tools
These guides and tools have been created to help you.
Using Retirement Online
Contact Administrators — Contact Types & Quick Guides
- Contact Types for State Employers
- Contact Types for Local Employers
- Removing and Adding an Employer Contact Using Retirement Online
- Modifying an Employer Contact Using Retirement Online
Security Administrators — Security Roles & Quick Guides
- Security Roles for State Employers
- Security Roles for Local Employers
- Requesting Access and Adding Security Roles to Retirement Online
- Removing Security Roles in Retirement Online
Enrollment Quick Guides & Tools
- Enroll a Member
- Enrolling and Reporting a Member After They’ve Been Paid at Your Location
- Job Codes Tool
Legacy Reporting Quick Guides
- Upload a Regular Monthly Report
- Validate a Regular Monthly Report
- Correct Errors and Warnings for a Regular Monthly Report
- Submit a Regular Monthly Report
- Create a Manual Monthly Report
- Enter and Validate Data for a Manual Monthly Report
- Submit a Manual Monthly Report
- View Improper Withholdings
- Initiated Report Instructions
Notifications Quick Guides & Tools
- Benefits of Using Enhanced Reporting
- Enhanced Reporting Using Self-Service
- List of Gold Certified Employers
See the Resources section of the Enhanced Reporting — Gold Certification page for more information.
Employer Billing Dashboard
Sign In Help & Troubleshooting
Review Retirement Online fundamentals and refresh your skills with these online courses:
- Employer Reporting Fundamentals: Employer Reporting Dashboard
- Employer Reporting Fundamentals: Legacy Reporting
- Employer Reporting Fundamentals: Manual Reporting
- Member Enrollment Fundamentals for Local Employers
- Member Enrollment Fundamentals for State Employers
- Employer Notifications Fundamentals
- Employer Billing Fundamentals
- How to Submit a Resolution for Elected and Appointed Officials
For Enhanced Reporting self-paced trainings, see Step 2 of the Gold Certification Process.
For Retirement Online webinars, see our Recent Events.
Benefits of Enhanced Reporting
Retirement Online Ask Me Anything Webinar: Notifications in Retirement Online
Retirement Online Ask Me Anything Webinar: Working in Retirement Online
Retirement Online Ask Me Anything Webinar: Job Codes
Retirement Online Ask Me Anything Webinar: Member Enrollment — For Local Employers
Retirement Online Ask Me Anything Webinar: Member Enrollment — For State Employers
Retirement Online Ask Me Anything Webinar: Employer Reporting
Retirement Online Newsletter Archive
Past editions of the Retirement Online Newsletter.
Retirement Online for Members — Marketing Toolkit
Retirement Online provides a convenient way for members to do business with the Retirement System. We think your employees will be interested in using this service, and you can help us spread the word by using the materials in our marketing toolkit. You’ll find newsletter articles and email messages about Retirement Online, a poster and much more. This toolkit will be updated as new member features are introduced to Retirement Online.